.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

something new

While our weather continues sunny and cooler it seemed the perfect time to try new recipes....two in two days.   Yesterday strawberry muffins, a recipe I found on once upon a chef by Jenn Segal.  Good recipe/results.  I doubled the recipe for 12 muffins and one 8 x 8 cake.  The cake needed an hour at 375 F.  Parchment muffin pan liners worked really well.   The best part is that they freeze well.

This morning New England Hot Dog buns (without the specialty pan).  I used the Buttery Hot Dog Buns recipe from King Arthur Flour.  And here's the result........


I doubled the recipe and will freeze one tray.   They more or less look right.  Each bun is then toasted on the sides and cut top down (through three quarters) and add your filling.   yum!  Tonight it will be either Basil  shrimp or Shrimp Salad. 

Both recipes are keepers.

that's about it for now......have a good week!


2 comments:

Michelle said...

You've made me hungry and wanting to bake, but I've got other things that demand attention. Waaahh!

Purple Pixie Dust said...

I love the buns, we don't get King Arthur Flour, could you send me the recipe. thanks