Here I sit, it's December...already.....since my last blog post in early November, has it been that long??? What have I been doing???
Hand spun wool knitted up now a cowl and fingerless mitts. The pattern is a one skein infinity cowl. As I worked with two colors I omitted the twist at the seam and tried to make an overlap with the colors.
Hand spinning on my Jenkins spindles...pure bliss. And not to forget cross stitching...
Our tree is up awaiting the decorations, maybe later today. Cards have been mailed. Outgoing mail seems to be working but incoming...ever so slow. I thought I did ok ordering online early lol a few items are in the system somewhere. Eventually parcels will arrive.
Cold weather is perfect for making soups, stews and trying new recipes...
Sweet Potato and Feta Pide. A bit of time spent waiting on the dough to rise. I did change up the ingredients a bit other than the sweet potato as I had items in the fridge to use up. The recipe is a keeper.
As busy as December is, take a moment to give thanks....for the gifts that you don't find under the tree......
Hand spun wool knitted up now a cowl and fingerless mitts. The pattern is a one skein infinity cowl. As I worked with two colors I omitted the twist at the seam and tried to make an overlap with the colors.
The outdoor lights are up across the patio. In the evening (actually early afternoon ) when the lights come on, it looks like this.
The hummer is more concerned of the nearby chickadee than the string of lights sharing space close to the feeder.
Our tree is up awaiting the decorations, maybe later today. Cards have been mailed. Outgoing mail seems to be working but incoming...ever so slow. I thought I did ok ordering online early lol a few items are in the system somewhere. Eventually parcels will arrive.
Cold weather is perfect for making soups, stews and trying new recipes...
Sweet Potato and Feta Pide. A bit of time spent waiting on the dough to rise. I did change up the ingredients a bit other than the sweet potato as I had items in the fridge to use up. The recipe is a keeper.
As busy as December is, take a moment to give thanks....for the gifts that you don't find under the tree......
to family and friends near and far,
for a roof over your head and food on the table,
and for special memories of those no longer with us.
till next time






4 comments:
Your spun wool is beautiful! and I spy my Christmas gift! I love the beautiful knitted cowl you sent me.....I love it. That little hummer must enjoy the lights....
My tree has been up for weeks without the decorations. I figure the neighbors can't tell the difference from their own windows. LOL Your cowl is lovely! So sorry about your postage woes. And finally, I love your ending thoughts here. I would like to include it in my Christmas letter if I may.
Oh my; can you share the recipe???
Beautiful wool for knitting and lovely stitching too. Yes the count down is on. I must look up the recipe as I love those ingredients.
Post a Comment