.

Friday, May 27, 2016

in the early morning

4 bells and I'm up and enjoying a cup of coffee.   It's not even light outside and the birds are going through a chorus or two of morning song.  And inside all is quiet....the stillness is a time to ponder...

Yesterday marked the close of the sale.  #207 awaits new voices and visitors.  And it was five months ago to the day that this whole journey started with Dad being taken to hospital.  It feels like a lifetime ago.  As much as I'd wish different, there is no going back.  Today, tomorrow and always I will miss my parents.

Today we start the next chapter, a new page.....and where to begin......     De-cluttering will continue. In the past few months it has been use it (or find it a home) or lose it (donate it) and for the most part the process is working.  Working well in fact till I rediscovered  my wool/cross stitch/craft area and then progress stopped.  Much easier to put the lid(s) back on and move on to other stuff for the moment.

Outdoors we've managed to make changes on our patio.  DH rebuilt the gazebo from my parent's balcony.  We have yet to decide on a sun cover.  In the meanwhile the outdoor drapes have gone up along with a string of mini solar lights around the top.  As for the growing garden there is more to do. Last week I did splurge on a mini water garden arrangement.  The half barrel is plastic.  It's been placed on a wheeled platform (thanks Dad) so moving it is much easier.  Not sure if we'll add goldfish but I'd still like to find a mini water lily.  Everything takes time and planning....and moving from a to b to c ......akin to moving the furniture indoors.  

It's rained overnight.  The air is fresh and it's getting lighter now.  I'm ready for my second cup of coffee.

welcome to a new day!  Make it a good one.

1 comment:

KimM said...

I'm happy to hear there has been so much progress, though I understand, all too well, how difficult it is. Thinking of you,
xxxx