.

Friday, April 1, 2016

Happy April

So here I am again, the weeks have slipped by and I've been neglecting my blog.  Here's why.....


It was always in our plan to do some renos to our current home.  Plans get derailed and time passes. Finally we bit the bullet and went shopping for something new for flooring.   The old carpeting is gone and the new vinyl flooring is in. The reveal photo to come.  

As most of our house had to be packed up for this project we had a taste of tiny house living....two people and one dog living within the confines of a bedroom/bathroom.  It has given me a new appreciation of living simple and simple pleasures.   It's going to make the next part of de-cluttering way easier to accomplish.

As the work started on Tuesday we've yet to put all the rooms back in order.  The kitchen and family room are comfortable for now.  So long as Sully has his space (lol), we have the computer and TV working and space to be, well it's not too bad.  The rest will be an adventure.

Our weather continues mild and sunny, warm actually as temperature records have been broken. 

Happy Friday!

till next time ...



5 comments:

September Violets said...

Well, that is minimalist living!! You must be so happy to have new flooring. I can't wait for new flooring in my house too ... but wait I must. Can't wait to see the reveal photos when you get everything back in place. A good time to change things around too! Have a great weekend Debbie,
Wendy x

kath001 said...

Oh, what a big job! I want new floors someday, but don't relish the chaos involved. I know you will be so happy with the results.

Michelle said...

Love the tiny house comparison; that experiment would be good for all of us!

jocondine said...

I can imagine Sully taking his winter quarters in the bath with a camping tent. Those works lead certainly a lot of moving and cleaning but your new room will be such pleasant to live in. Hugs.

KimM said...

I know how disruptive all the work can be - but you'll be so happy when it's all done. Take care - hope to hear more from you soon.
xxx