.

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

March......really....

February 29th was our bonus day.  We had the day at home.  The time was put to good use ....more inroads with sorting and decluttering,   By afternoon it was time to stop, pour a glass of wine and then enjoy a good dinner.  We ordered a Greek from a nearby restaurant.  It worked out easier to phone in and pick up the order.  It was a nice treat.

Here's what is happening on the patio.  Just a bit of added color makes all the difference.


Blue skies overhead and sunshine make any day great.  And just over the hedge I can see my parent's home.  Lots of memories and reasons to smile.



This end of the patio has been regrouped.  I've already discovered that Sully has a long reach and some of the planters will need to be raised up more or built up.  He is creative.  Snap hooks on the pillar hold the extension gate secure.  The rest of the patio is still off limits for Sully.  We're going to place more of the clear panels in between the border fencing and the hedge.  It's on the list.







I've been reading and enjoying blogs and trying to leave comments.   I know I'm tardy with replies to comments on my blog.  I sincerely appreciated everyone who stops by and leaves comments.  Bit by bit the big picture stuff is being worked through, it's just taking time, more time than I could have imagined.

The other day I read  of a teacup tree on http://www.craftygardener.ca.  These tiny crocheted teacups are so cute and so much fun to make.  I'm up to ten so far.  It's a great way to use up small scraps of yarn too.


 

With the chain 11 for the handle I did a slip stitch in the base and then started the bottom.  I looped through the base row and made two dc in each and a slip stitch to join.  It meant an all in one project.



Definitely more of these to be made!


And every now and then, it's nice to daydream of far away places.  With modern technology and views from live cam, it is almost like being there!   I did say almost.   




that's it from this corner....till next time.



9 comments:

Michelle said...

Love your flowers and tiny teacups!

Claudette497 said...

The flowers are gorgeous,

cucki said...

OH dear it's march already ..
Love your flowers x

Linda aka Crafty Gardener said...

Your teacups turned out great Debbie. I like the change you made. Lucky you with spring blooms already, but you live in our favourite place to visit so spring comes earlier than in Ontario.

KimM said...

Hi, Debbie! Oh my goodness - your post has me longing for Spring and being able to get outside and smell the flowers. We screened in our front porch this past summer and I look forward to decorating it and spending loads of time in the swing. I LOVE the teacups! Wish I could crochet.....
Hugs
Kim

Merry ME said...

Debbie,
I love the yellow flowers. Daffodils are truly the first sight of Spring. We don't grow to many bulb flowers in Florida. The tulips in the grocery store never look like they'll live very long. So I just pass by longingly.

I know I owe you a real letter. Along with some other people. I need to find a few quiet hours when I don't feel like sleeping and start writing. I always feel better when I do.

I've been feeling the urge to cut up some fabric and piece it all together. I have a young fireman's uniform shirt for a bear. He was killed in a car crash. the stories are always so tragic.

Take good care.
m

ps Buddy chewed on something in the yard and threw up a big glob of stuff. I rushed him to the vet fearing he'd eaten a poisonous plant. We think it was part of a Wisteria vine. The Vet said only the buds and seed pods are poisonous, but there must have been something in the woody vine that didn't agree with him. He weighed in at a whopping 70 lbs. Still growing!

jocondine said...

Hi! Daffodils are always little suns in the garden. Maybe Sully wants to show some talent for gardening. Bonne journée, bisous !

rosey175 said...

I love winter but I am ready for spring too. Our daffodils are thissss close to blooming and then I can get really excited! I need to get a peony planted this year; our yard is looking lopsided with just one bush.

Love the little teacups! They almost look like little egg cozies, so cute for Easter.

September Violets said...

I know I read this post when you first published it, but I must have been called away to supper or something before I had time to leave a comment. Your patio is looking great, and I'm sure that now a couple of weeks later it's looking even more full of colour! We have no flowers blooming outdoors yet (except snowdrops ... shouldn't forget them!). I love the little crocheted teacups, and they'll look cute all hanging together in your decorating. I hope things are going well with you and you're enjoying some warm spring weather. Happy First Day of Spring!! Take care,
Wendy xox