.

Friday, January 1, 2016

New day New Year

Happy New Year!  Wishing everyone a very good year.

Thank you for all your kind words.  They mean a lot.  I will get a chance to reply soon.

Meanwhile Dad continues.  Yesterday was the first day I didn't go to the hospital.  As it happened being home allowed for phone calls and new arrangements that were able to be accomplished before the holiday weekend.  Today I will visit Dad at hospice.  It's located across the street from the hospital.

Rather than resolutions I decided on a word for 2016.  Mine is purpose.  Right now my life purpose is changing and me with it.

A couple of weeks ago Dad and I had a conversation with Dad saying "When I go visit Jackie....." and Dad suggested I could just put him in the car and take him....and yes, he was meaning his final trip.    He picks his moments for certain conversations.   This week our conversations have been silent thoughts.  Tuesday I believe he knew we were with him.  In the time since, he has moved further away.

Take time for each other.

8 comments:

cucki said...

Happy new year xx

Debby said...

It is hard watching our parents fade away. We lost my husband's mother in December. Hugs

Carola Bartz said...

A happy new year to you as well.

I am so sorry about your dad. It is hard to see loved ones slowly slipping away. I wish you strength.

Meari said...

So sorry to hear about your Dad, Debbie. My thoughts are with you.

Happy New Year :)

kath001 said...

Oh, Debbie, I'm so sorry you are going through this. Your words bring back all the hard days and nights, and hard decisions, after my dad's stroke. Praying for you and yours, and sending virtual hugs.

Sandra Cox said...

Purpose is a good word. Sending good thoughts to you and your dad.

September Violets said...

This is definitely the tough part, and you will remember and treasure every conversation you now have with your dear Dad. My Mom couldn't hear anything we said to her at the end as she refused to put in her hearing aids (she said they weren't working anymore). So we conversed through written messages in a tiny notebook. I've only looked back through them a couple of times and there are both hilarious and really sad moments in there. Hang in there Debbie, I know this isn't easy at all. Nice to hear that he has been moved to a hospice though, a nicer environment. Big hugs to you xox
Wendy

lynda said...

Hugs and prayers for all of you.