.

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Staying indoors, warm and dry

On the wet West Coast yet another storm system is hitting the coast.  Thankfully it is just rain and not snow!  Our outdoor lights that should run dusk to dawn are still on, so that implies it's gloomy....and it is.

Grocery shopping and errands were completed in short order this morning.  Anything else will wait for another day.  Soup is simmering on the stove.  Roast chicken is cooking in the oven as well as a cake.  After reading posts about  cassata cake I decided to give one a try.  The recipe I'm trying is one that can be made ahead and frozen, works for me.

I can finally post a picture of my first quilted posted as I know it's been received.  Definitely fun to do.  I'm already thinking of making another one.


Yesterday's mail included  a quilted postcard from my partner Sunny Schroeder.   I love the colors and the quilted design!


Also in the mail this week, from Lynda Ruth, a lovely card, crocheted tree ornaments and chocolate goodies.  Thank you so much!  The ornaments are already hung on our tree.  They look so delicate. And the chocolates might not last past this evening!





This profile of the hummer sort of sums up the day.  Even this little guy looks wet and rumpled.



A good weekend to all.

4 comments:

blue star stitcher said...

How neat on your quilt to include the little cross stitched patch, very pretty!

Merry ME said...

I developed a love of postcards this year. Haven't tried a quilted one.
The weather has been awful up there. Hope you are snug inside stitching, or reading.
Happy holidays!
m

September Violets said...

I hope the weather has cleared for you now Debbie! We've had some dreary, dark days here, but no snow (and little rain either). You have received some lovely gifts! And you've been so busy yourself with all of your swaps. Enjoy your week!
Wendy

Sheila said...

Love the postcards , great job ladies ! Merry Christmas .