.

Monday, April 6, 2015

when least expected ....

To explain my silence/absence from blogging, honestly I don't know where to begin.

Some time back I had posted a short note regarding changes with my Mom's health.  After week in hospital in early February she returned home and there seemed to be a level for her.   February became March, changes continued to happen.  My Mom seemed better with acceptance of this than the rest of us  (more so me).  Seeing bit by bit her daily routine being altered and including less ....it just seemed so unfair.  March ended and we moved on to April.  I even had some hope that the new 'level' would last/continue and we could look forward to May.

Every day shared with her, and my Dad was wonderful.  And I'm truly thankful for all the days.  Last week on Thursday I popped over for a visit.  Mom in her chair and Dad beside her in his,  both holding hands....both in a conversation.  I will treasure that moment seeing them together so connected.  Pretty good for a pair married 64 years!

Plans were in place to take them over a special Easter lunch.  I'd stitched an Easter bread cloth/table mat for the tray, along with the other goodies to make the day a bit more special for them.

Sadly, there were greater plans than ours and Mom passed away peacefully  at home Saturday morning.

Sunday plans continued with the rest of our family but it was much lower key.  Our grandsons had fun finding eggs.  It was Easter and Mom was with us in spirit.

My Dad is coping, some moments better than others.  We're all helping each other.

In the past few days there have been things to take care of that I never imagined doing.  Today has already been long one. With arrangements now taken care of (in what was hours to accomplish) in accordance with Mom's wishes and those of my Dad, now there is time to be still.  Listening to the sounds of birds, glancing at the flowers in bloom, it is my chance to regain some perspective of what has happened.

The week ahead will be busy and we will get through.


To Mom,

We love you and miss you.

Thank you for loving us.






I would like to acknowledge Julie, Kate and Wendy from the GYOB party.  I was so very fortunate to be the winner of not one blog giveaway  but three!!..   Ladies I haven't properly posted yet regarding the lovely gifts that I received along with the links to your blogs.   Please bear with me just a bit longer and accept my apologies for my tardiness.  I will do  proper thank you's in an upcoming blog.

Wishing everyone a good week.  Take time to say 'I love you" to those special people in your lives.

15 comments:

summer said...

sorry for your loss.

Meari said...

Oh, Debbie.... I'm so sorry for your loss. :( (((hugs)))

Lisa Comperry said...

I am so sorry for your loss..

JoJo said...

My heart goes out to you during this most sorrowful time. I pray that you feel the love of your mom when you need it most.

Terri said...

So sorry for your loss! Hugs and prayers!

Julia said...


My condolences on the loss of your mom Debbie.
Hugs and prayers,
JB

Fil said...

I"m so sorry for your loss Debbie ... My thoughts are with you and your family and especially your Dad. May she Rest In Peace.
Fil

creations.1 said...

What a beautiful memory of your mum and dad you now have to hold in your heart forever. Thinking of you through the next few weeks and months - take your time, cherish your future moments with your dad and treat yourself gently - nothing else matters for the next however long it takes. Hugs and prayers for you and your family.

~ Dixie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~ Dixie said...

So very sorry for your loss, Debbie.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Oh Debbie,
I'm so sorry for your loss and do hope that you get through this. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Julie xo

Faith... said...

So sorry for the loss of your Mother.

Michelle said...

Oh Debbie; such a bittersweet post! I'm so sorry your mom is gone; I'm so glad for that final, sweet memory of your parents together. HUGS

wendy duchess_declutter said...

Debbie, I'm so sorry for your loss. This must be so hard to comprehend. However, take some comfort in the ease of her passing and that you were able to visit her a few days before.

Rachael Farmer said...

Debbie - I'm just catching up with blogs and have just read your sad news. I don't have words enough to express how sorry I am for your loss. All I know is that healing takes time but it does happen little by little and the people who are around you to support you are the greatest gift, along with your precious memories. I have no doubt that your mum will be with you always. Much love and hugs from Shroo xxxx