.

Saturday, April 11, 2015

moving forward

Here we are, Saturday, again....a week later and although I know it has happened, it is hard to believe that my Mom is gone.

Thank you for your kind words. I am grateful, they are truly appreciated.

At points this week I have sat and stitched. Be it stitching, knitting or crochet, hand work seems to be my release.

Yesterday in the afternoon  we moved plants on the patio.  The plants from my parent's garage that were moved over for a short stay (more sunlight) will be staying here.  Happily, everything is growing well. It's definitely a work in progress to do justice to them.  My fig trees managed their first winter and are growing well.   I'm pleased that the white lilac has many bud sets this year.

The birds still consider the patio their personal playground.  They have adjusted to the lack of sunflower seeds and a feeder.  We've had more than one mouse sighting and as "Murray" didn't seem to be too afraid of humans, it was time to call it a day and take in the feeder till the fall.  I'm sure one mouse would lead to two and then the whole darn family.........and thank you very much , not on the patio and not in the house!

Not many hummingbird around at the moment, it must be nesting time.  Last week we did have a large heron on the roof  across from us.  I managed a few pictures (coming soon).  We continue to enjoy the eagles.  Yesterday there were two pairs gliding the currents. Trying to get a decent photo...lol.

To the south there is a small patch of blue sky, maybe that is a sign of brighter days ahead........








7 comments:

Lisa Comperry said...

I just lost my mom too..I lost her three weeks ago this past Wednesday..I find solace and comfort in doing photography , spending time with friends /family and taking nature walks..I also find comfort in sending fun surprise snail mails to my sister..

Eeeeeks, I don't blame you, I wouldn't want mice in my house either..BTDT years ago :-/

KimM said...

Oh my, I'm so sorry for your loss. My mother passed away 17 months ago - I still miss her, but amazingly I can talk about her now without crying all the time. I truly understand. I, too, use(d) needlework and busy hands to help ease the sorrow and loss. I know she would be proud of me - and your mother is proud of you.
Hugs
xxx

Meari said...

Condolences, Debbie. I know how difficult this must be for you. If you ever need an "ear", you know where I am. :)

Debby said...

Sorry about your mother. It's hard loosing a parent. Hugs

jocondine said...

So sorry. Send you hugs and kisses. Sincères condoléances et amitiés.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

I'm so sorry about everything and hope you just take it easy day by day. Knitting and crochet are great and it keeps your mind occupied!

Faith... said...

Praying that you will find comfort soon. I know it is hard and you never stop missing your mom but brighter days really will be coming.