.

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Simply Sunday

Another day, peaceful in silence (unless you take into account the washer churning away and a rice cooker bubbling).  DH is already at work.  This week ahead has less late shifts, thank goodness. There is no time line yet regarding when the store closes.  For now we will remain on our present course.

Also on the go is a batch of Amish white bread.  This recipe is handy as it makes two large loaves. As much as I enjoy the convenience of the bread machine, the by hand recipe seems to yield better results.

The mild weather continues here and plants in the garden are sprouting up.  There were 'a few' planters/plants in my parents garage and as my Dad has limited time to tend to them I said we could get them ready for spring.  Well those few amount to twenty some tubs.....it won't take long to get them ready for a new year.

Of recent we haven't been seeing as many birds around.  Visits by the hummingbirds are fleeting.  Hopefully they are all safe with nests/families on the way.   The hawk visit of a few weeks ago seems to have been short lived.  As beautiful as it was I'd rather it stay away from my patio.

Stitching progress has been slow.  I've been working on pieces to cover a box.   The top has hibiscus flowers and a Hawaiian motif.  The side panels, one almost done has flowers and leaves, along with the same border as the top.  It's been bright and cheerful to stitch on the many grey days we've had.

We enjoyed our visit with our grandsons yesterday.  Even though there is two years difference, our younger grandson is almost as tall as his brother.  It's always a good day seeing them!

As for my parents, a new routine seems to be falling in place.  And not unlike anyone else, some days are better than others.  Still, we enjoy every day.

DH and I are looking forward to a quiet dinner at home tonight and watching the Oscars.  I've made a batch of turkey noodle vegetable soup along with some fresh bread, a glass of wine and something for dessert, that should be pretty good.  

till next time .....



6 comments:

Michelle said...

Our hummers aren't around as much now, either. I need to make them a new batch of nectar. Yesterday a red-tailed hawk was soaring in the evening light and looked like it was on fire. Breathtakingly beautiful but I couldn't get a picture. This morning there were robins everywhere!

Meari said...

I haven't seen many birds, but I do hear them singing in the morning so I think Spring is not far off.

Looking forward to seeing your box finish.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

It sounds like you had a good day with all of that cooking and baking being done! I bet it was all delicious. Have a wonderful day.
Hugs, Julie

KimM said...

Looking forward to Spring here - minus 25 degrees F here - staying in and stitching!
xxx

Julia said...

It's a beautiful day here right now but it was very cold this morning.
With all the snow we have it's hard to believe that Spring is just 2 weeks away.

You seem to have everything under control on the home front.

Have a great week' Hugs,
JB

Thistle Cove Farm said...

around here, it's counted as quiet when there's no mostly no radio or television. That's most of each day, probably 20 to 22 hours; I find solace and companionship in the 'white noise' of nature. There's no need for me to look elsewhere.
But that's just me and I've been told, too many times, I'm a strange woman. LOL