.

Saturday, January 31, 2015

End of January

I thought we would get through January without any illness in our household......not so much.  DH has had a cough/cold since earlier in the week.  He's on the mend  but shared it with me.  Thus far I've only the head cold, nothing too major. Anyways  all of this has derailed my blogging plans.  So I do apologize for comments not yet responded to.

Today's  plans changed completely, from a morning doctor appointment for my Mom ended up with a trip to the ER.  In between a lot of hurry up and wait.  DH and I stayed in a corner of the outer waiting area and I prayed that neither of us would cough or sneeze.  As the hours passed it was decided that DH should head home via bus as he was due to work a late shift. I kept busy with a stitching project. And thank heavens for having this with me.

We arrived at 9:30 this morning and we left this afternoon around 3 pm. The  "we" being my Dad and I as they are keeping my Mom in a few days.  So fingers crossed that they can get things on track and see her feeling better.

Perspective is realizing that there are many folks dealing with a lot more than us.  A few hours hanging out in the ER waiting room reconfirms this.

A good weekend to all!




8 comments:

Fil said...

What a rotten start to the weekend ... I hope your Mum's ok ...It doesn't matter about folks dealing with more ... our own stuff is the hardest to deal with at that moment.
Fil

creations.1 said...

Sorry to hear about your mum - and sitting in ER waiting rooms is the pits. There are always those worse of than us but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with when we are in tough situations. Hope your weekend improves and your mum is on the mend soon!

summer said...

I hope your mum gets better soon and you get some time to relax.

Claudette497 said...

Such a nice perspective on things! I hope your mom gets better soon.

JoJo said...

I hope you feel better soon, and I'm so glad you had some handwork with you at the hospital. I try to always have a little bag with me just in case. It's amazing what you can done with small moments here and there.

Bimbimbie said...

Hi Debbie, sorry to hear about your mum having a spell in hospital - and hope all is going well with you and that you are managing to keep that cold from taking too big a hold on you ...keep your vit C levels high*!*

Sharmayne said...

Glad you at least thought to have some stitching with you & sure hope your mum is on the improve by now
Hugs sharm

Julia said...

Hi Debbie, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog.
I should have been working on my recipes this afternoon but priority was put on updating my blog. I've really been neglecting my posts lately.

I sure hope your mom is on the mend by now. Winter is so hard on older folks. It's good that you are all there for her.

I will keep her in my prayers.
Hugs,
JB