.

Thursday, December 11, 2014

A definite maybe

Making some Peppermint Bark has always been on my to do list.  I found a microwave version for melting the chocolate.  The dark chocolate came out great so onward to the white chocolate....to my dismay, it started to go thick.  I quickly added the oil and peppermint flavoring and stirred like mad.  Ok, it's spreadable and covered the dark chocolate and topped with crushed candy cane...it can't be that bad, right?   It's currently in the fridge getting cold.  Taste testing later.

Second up, Rice Krispie squares, that goodness for the microwave.  This recipe worked great!

Lastly will be Peppermint cookies.  This recipe I found last year and never had a chance to make a batch.  So here goes.

As for the ornaments, only two more to trim and finish and then pictures.  I'm pleased with the results thus far.

From soggy BC, take care......


2 comments:

Julia said...

Hi Debbie, thanks for your comment on my blog.

I've been so busy with work and renovations that it left me very little time to blog so i needed to take a bit of a break.

I'm still very busy but at least the renovations are almost done. It's difficult to work and do renovations at the same time...

Hope your peppermint goodies turned out great.
Merry Christmas and happy New Year.
Hugs,
JB

Meari said...

How did your Peppermint Bark turn out? My niece made it one year for Christmas. She loves peppermint!

Merry Christmas, Debbie!

And thank you for checking to see how I've been throughout the year. :)