.

Friday, August 1, 2014

Welcome August

I can't believe it's been a month since I last posted.

July was packed full, away time and home time.   The away time was a trip to Italy and a cruise.  I'm still working through photos and will get some posted.  Our time away was wonderful, so much to see, so much history to take in and really so little time to fit in all our "to do's".

Home time has been catching up with family.  In two weeks it seems our grandsons have sprouted up! It is nice to be home.

I've been on a quest to find a dwarf fig tree.  No luck on the dwarf figs, at least not locally.  I've now two young trees, a brown Turkey and a green fig.  The plan is to maintain them in containers (as I've since read that the brown Turkey can spread roots akin to mint, curly willow, etc.).  The rhubarb plant purchased this spring is growing well.  It is a work in progress and hopefully by next year we will have a bit more of our own 'home grown' items.

During this time I've managed some stitching.  A summer themed biscornu is on it's way as part of an exchange.  Once received I'll post a picture.    The stitching/bag at the top of my blog became a camera bag.  Not much knitting or crochet happening yet.  

My new non work days still need some planning.  It's very easy not to get things done...too much computer time.

And with that I will sign off.

Till next time....


3 comments:

cucki said...

Sweet hugs x

Toni said...

Just checked, I didn't see it in my seed or nursery catalogs, so it must have been at the local nursery. This makes sense because our winters get a little too cold for fig trees so they are in containers and brought indoors in the winter. So check with a local nursery. They might order one for you. Best of luck managing your non-work tome. Still trying to get that worked myself :)

Meari said...

Welcome back. Looking foward to seeing your trip photos. I've always wanted to see Italy.