.

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Blog party 2014

Welcome to my blog!

Trying to write this post....well it's taken days.  Apparently the new computer and blogger won't play nice .... log in sure but try do anything else, not so much.  The problem can be resolved but not in time to write a new post.  Thank goodness the old computer still works!

So here we are, January 25th and the party is about to begin.....

I live on the West Coast of BC, in the burbs.  DH and I are heading towards 25 years of marriage.  We have two wonderful grandsons, Noah 5 and Nate 3.   Both boys are on the Autism Spectrum.  There are challenges for sure but they are also making great progress.  They are the loves of our lives.

I love to knit, cross stitch and sometimes crochet.  I hope to learn to hand spin yarn.  I have a drop spindle and have read up on the "how to's"  but have yet to  try.    I defintely enjoy time in our patio garden.  It might be winter but today we had sunshine and 13 degrees C, it felt heavenly and such a treat!  Mind you it was quite cool overnight and very frosty this morning.

I love to cook.  I'm always on the look out for new recipes.

I enjoy many music styles, along with a nice glass of wine.

Thanks for stopping by.







 

10 comments:

Tami Von Zalez said...

I created cross-stitch birth samplers for my kids (who, I hate to admit are now in their 20s) and haven't cross-stitched since. Guess I need the perfect project to get me going ~

Popped by from GYBH. Stop by and give me a visit some time ~
thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

lynda said...

Hi Debbie,
Just saying hi from the blog party...it's going to take me quite some time to get through all those blogs! Hope you will come visit me at mine too...http://acozylittleplacefor stitching.blogspot.com

Sowing Stitches said...

computers can be real stinkers at times...

Faith... said...

I am a follower already but it is nice to learn more about you!

Busy Lizzie said...

thank you for you sweet comment on my blog.

Barbara Lilian said...

Hi Debbie thank you for your kind comment, about my paintings. I think Grow your blog party has been a great success. I can arrange parties in my own home but I'd never get my head around internet parties. This is the first time I've linked up to anything. I'll look forward to have you visit me and I'll pop in to see what your up to.I'll put your name into the hat for my 1st ever give away.

macmillanmarie said...

Hi, nice to meet you and learn a little about you and your family. How have you enjoyed the hop? It is obviously taking a lot of time ---- but such an enjoyable way to spend time. Thanks for sharing. Happy hopping!

Wendy said...

Hi nice to meet you. Give that drop spindle a go, it's not so hard!

Wendy said...

Hi nice to meet you. Give that drop spindle a go, it's not so hard!

Tisha Dolton said...

Very nice to meet you! Feels like I will never finish this list of blogs, but it is great seeing what is out there. Please visit my embroidery blog if you are so inclined. (I'm in the 1st group.)

aprilsongstress