.

Monday, January 28, 2013

the end of January, already.................

Since  the start of the Grow Your Blog  party, it has been so much fun reading blogs and meeting new friends.  Again, a warm welcome to my new followers. 

After many foggy, grey days we had this on Friday.
Actual blue sky!  Of course by Saturday morning we were back to rain showers.  All in all we've had a mild winter thus far.

Cold's and flu have kept families at home.  Sunday was the first visit in a few weeks from our daughter, son in law and grandsons.  It was so good to see them again.

 
 




 




And taking lots of pictures wonderful!   Getting them to be still while attempting this .......priceless.

Two exchanges gifts mentioned in an earlier post were completed and the parcels are now on their way to their recipients.  So the only photo to show is the inside of one gift.


It's been a busy weekend all the same.  Grocery shopping with my parents on Saturday along with regular errands.  At to this cooking, laundry and  some time reading this...............

 
 
Beautiful book, great photos  and the ideas..........there is always room for another hobby, right??
 
 

Can't forget Quincy,  He's not a team player when it comes to having his picture taken.   Recently a heart murmur has been detected.  Along with elevated liver enzymes, it seems to be an ongoing saga for him and us. 



He is a special little guy.    As far as he's concerned, there is nothing better than having a sock to play with.  And if it's connected.....bonus!
 
 
 
When a hug will do, two hearts connected.
 
 
 
Have a great week everyone! 
till next time .....................
 

12 comments:

cucki said...

Yup time flies so quickly..
Hope you all feel better soon..
Sweet kids :)
Big beary hugs for all..
Xxx

Julia said...

Love the grandkids photos, so darn cute... and the one with grandpa. Awe... lovely.
So sorry about your Quincy. I was listening on the TV program called MARKET PLACE a few weeks ago and they were blaming some Chicken Jerky dog snacks for making dogs sick and many were having liver failure and were dying. Apparently a lot of research went in this documentary.
I hope that your Quincy will be able to have some help to feel better.

January seems to drag on at this point but I know that I'll soon turn my calendar page. I want some spring weather and I'm tired of being cold.

Hugs,
JB

Nancy said...

Great pics but next time have Laurie take some with you in them. I am sure we all would love to see a glimpse of you with the kids also! Looking forward to seeing the outside of your exchange piece. The sun is out here this morning. Not sure if it will stay or not. Still no stitching for me but hopefully later this week if my arms let me. Started working on them myself and scheduled my massage for Thursday afternoon. Then I can be off for the weekend to let it sink in. It is a shame that my stitching muscles are also my working muscles. Hope you have a great week and will look for you on chat!! Scritches to Quincy!!

wilma boer said...

Love the grand children pics...and the one of Quincy playing with 'his' sock, LOL

Everyday Things said...

and in this part of the wrold, january means heat and summer, which we too will be glad to see an end to and some milder weather soon hopefully! love the dog! he is v cute!

Neesie said...

Hello Debbie,
I'm visiting from Melbourne Australia as part of the Vicki's GYB party invitation and having a great time getting to peek into everyone's blogs :D
You have beautiful photos of your cute grandchildren and Quincy looks adorable. ^..^
My Mufftypup (my mini Shuh Tzu) would love to meet Quincy!
Neesie ♥

Hooked on Quilting said...

Just wanted to say, "Hi" and thank you for stopping by my blog. Loved the pics, I should do something like that.

Carola Bartz said...

Yes, there is always room for another hobby... that book looks yummy. Do you make natural dyes?

Diane said...

Hello Debbie,
Your grandkids are so adorable!
There is nothing like hearing the pidder patter of tiny feet and the laughter of children throughout the house.
I hope your sweet pup gets to feeling better soon. Sweet little guy loves those socks,lol...

Take care, and enjoy the last day of January 2013'

Hugs,
~Diane

Mary Palumbo Collings said...

Hi Debbie,
Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comment.
Your grandsons are adorable , and so is Quincy. We have a weenie dog too, Coco, they are such sweet little dogs... Have a happy Thursday...

Fit and Healthy Baby Boomers said...

I’ve nominated your blog for a Liebster Award. You can find the details in a post on my blog. If you choose to participate, please leave me a reply. Can’t wait to read more about you!

maxunderdrive said...

Nothing worse than a dog hanging off your sock, very traumatic ;)