.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

May Day

I'ts been  a busy month, family stuff, work, home stuff.....so just where did May go?   I'm hoping June will be more sunshine and warmer temperatures!  

I love that the days are longer, first light around 4:40 am and it's still light after 9 pm.  I love that the birds are singing, especially the first morning wake up calls that I've dubbed Morning song. 

There has been time to stitch and this is a good thing.   I'm getting ahead of myself looking at fabric and floss, pulling colors...........and then realize be happy with what is in front of me and just stitch!

Most weekends we get visits from our daughter, son in law and grandsons.  Today was just Vanessa and the boys.   Everyone enjoyed lunch and then it was time to head out on the patio for playtime.  There is something about little boys and playing in the dirt.  No fancy toys required and the clean up is easy!

Last night on TV we enjoyed Under the Tuscan Sun, again.  It's not like we don't have the dvd either, still watching the Italian landscapes....one day we will visit Italy again.

Our ILCS group has box finishing class being taught by Meari.  It's amazing what a few coats of stain (several actually) can do to change a simple dollar store box.   And my number of boxes has grown to four.  It's a really nice way to complete stitching projects that were otherwise waiting for a finish. 

The rest of this post will be picture heavy.  Enjoy!

This piece didn't meet the deadline for the box finishing class.  I'm happy that I completed the stitching just the same.

Green box with matt insets cut.
Flowers and fabric below.  The unstained box has now been stained in  a brown stain.







Beautiful stitched bookmark from Lisa  (ILCS exchange) along with a card and some tea.






Easter eggs using natual dyes....red cabbage yields light to dark blues.








Winter smalls exchange gift from Pam H (ILCS).  Her stitching is beautiful!  

And that's it for me, for today.  Wishing everyone a good week!

till next time .......

No comments: