.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

..turning back the clock..........

to November 6th, 1989, a spring morning in Papatoetoe, getting ready for our wedding day.  It wasn't possible to take my family, so Vanessa and I flew to Auckland. We left on a rainy fall Friday, arrived to sunshine on a Sunday morning and then it was Monday.  And I was nervous.  I had made my dress as well as my daughter's.  Our wedding party  was a small family group.  We headed to the notary office upstairs at the Post Office.  I wish we had asked for a copy of the ceremony words.  After the I do's, we headed to  a park for pictures.  Laurie did the photography.  Setting the timer and running like blazes back to the bridge....after a few times of that he was sure getting run off his feet! We went for a lovely buffet lunch then back home to wedding cake, wine and toasts.  Vanessa stayed with new grandparents.  Laurie and I headed downtown Auckland onward to Devonport.  It was an afternoon train into the city and I recall we shared in with many uniformed school children...........  One stop downtown at the main Post office to phone home and include my parents on the days activities.  (No worries as some six months later we had a Reaffirmation Cermony in Canada for my family and friends).  The Devonport Hotel was lovely. The rest of that week was a family vacation for Laurie, Vanessa and I. 

Now it's 22 years later, just where did the time go?

till next time .........................

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Great story!! Happy Anniversary! Hope you enjoyed your day.

EvalinaMaria said...

Happy Anniversary and many, many more!

Farm Girl said...

Hi Debbie, Happy(belated)Anniversary! Love your wedding story, sounds like the most wonderful day. I got quite a surprise to see you married in NZ too! I'm guessing your Laurie is a Kiwi?
Hope you both had a wonderful day.

Meari said...

Happy Belated Anniversary!