.

Friday, December 31, 2010

a new year coming...... and I'm ready

While some parts of the world have already rung in the new year it's still early morning of December 31st here...a light dusting of snow on the rooftops and quite chilly outdoors (minus 6 or so) We've had a really mild winter thus far.

2010 was filled with far too many family health issues and hospital visits/stays, so here's hoping for a better and healthier 2011.  My Dad had his cataract surgery yesterday morning and everything went well.  Quite a way to mark their 60th wedding anniversary!   He will have his other eye done early in the new year. 

We had a wonderful Christmas with the family.  Our grandsons enjoyed the day for sure.  The mid day meal worked out great, lots of food.  Everyone was sent home with their own 'doggie bag'. And our leftovers were yummy.

On to stitching, I've got 10 items listed for the Up for the challenge.  This past week I started sorting through the stash cupboard and  have come up with a couple of other projects to add to my list.  Next up should be my 'waiting in the wings' of new charts, kitted and not that I would like to stitch in 2011 as well. 

Good progress to report on the Palm by Dimensions.  My ILCS group has had a Stitch a thon for Rene.   I've managed to add many stitches and will continue, with  thoughts and prayers to Rene and her family. 

At least a few stitches a day, every day, is my goal for 2011. 

Wishing everyone a Happy New year!

No comments: